WHAT ARE THESE RENTAL TERMS?
These rental terms are brought to you by Redbox Canada GP (referred to herein as “ Redbox ”, “ we ”, or “ us ”). They explain the rules for renting items from a Redbox kiosk (referred to herein as “ Redbox Transactions ”).
HOW DOES IT WORK WHEN I RENT AN ITEM FROM REDBOX?
- Each item you rent from Redbox has a minimum rental period of one day. That one day minimum rental period is measured from the time you first receive your rental through 9:00 p.m. the next day – unless we tell you differently at the kiosk or otherwise before you rent. Please remember to account for differing time zones if you rent and return your rental at Redbox kiosks in different time zones. Each item you can rent has a daily rental charge, which may vary from kiosk to kiosk. To incur a single daily rental charge, you must return your rental by 9:00 p.m. the next day in the time zone where you return your rental. For example, if the daily rental charge for a DVD is $1.50, you will be charged only $1.50, plus applicable tax, if you rent a DVD at any time on Tuesday before midnight and return it the next day (Wednesday) by 9:00 p.m. local time at the kiosk where you return your item.
- Then, for each additional day you do not return an item by 9:00 p.m. local time, your rental continues and you will be charged an additional daily rental charge, plus applicable tax, for each item. Many Redbox kiosks have DVDs available for rent for $1.50 per day, plus applicable tax, so if you keep that DVD for the one-day minimum rental period and return it two days later by 9:00 p.m. local time, you will be charged $3.00 plus applicable taxes. For example, if you rent a DVD on Tuesday but do not return it until the immediately following Friday at 6:00 p.m., you would be charged the daily rental charge for the first day, plus two additional daily rental charges, plus applicable tax. If the daily rental charge is $1.50, you would pay a total of $4.50, plus applicable tax. If you returned the DVD after 9 p.m. on Friday but on or before 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, you would incur another daily rental charge, for a total of $6.00, plus applicable tax. And so on.
- For some items, the daily rental charge for the minimum rental period (one day) may be different than it is for each additional day the item is not returned. For example, the daily rental charge could be $3.00 for the minimum rental period and $1.50 each additional day. In that case, if you keep that DVD for the one-day minimum rental period and return it two days later by 9:00 p.m. local time, you will be charged $6.00, plus applicable tax.
- Note that items rented from Redbox kiosks located in Canada must be returned to Redbox kiosks located in Canada. Items cannot be returned to Redbox locations in any other country, including the United States. Additional daily rental charges will continue even if you return your item to a Redbox location outside of Canada.
- Each item you rent from Redbox also has a maximum rental period as disclosed at the kiosk screen before you pay.
- If you keep an item through the maximum rental period, that item is yours to keep and Redbox will charge you the maximum charge for that item less any amounts you have already paid for that item (typically, the daily rental charge for the first day (the minimum rental period) that was authorized at the time you initiated the rental). The maximum charge varies depending on the type of item you are renting and the daily rental charge(s) for the item. For example, if a DVD’s daily rental charge is $1.50 (plus applicable tax) and its maximum charge is $30.00 (plus applicable tax), then the maximum rental period for that DVD (before you own it and owe $30.00 (plus applicable tax) minus any amount already paid) is 20 days. Therefore, for many items, the maximum charge is equal to the daily rental charge multiplied by the number of days in the maximum rental period. See the examples in the chart below. However, if an item’s rental charge for the minimum rental period (i.e., the first day of rental) is different from the daily rental charge for each additional day, the maximum rental period will be shorter than for other items because the maximum charge will be reached faster. For example, if a DVD’s daily rental charge for the minimum rental period is $3.00 (plus applicable tax) and then $1.50 (plus applicable tax) for each additional day and the maximum charge for that DVD is $30.00 (plus applicable tax), then the maximum rental period for that DVD is 19 days (i.e., $1.50 was reached on day 19 because you paid $3.00 for the first daily rental charge and then $1.50 a day for all other days).
Redbox kiosk screens will display the daily rental charges and maximum rental periods for your rentals. Below is an example of daily rental charges (excluding applicable tax), maximum rental periods, and the resulting maximum charges that may apply at your kiosk for some items. Charges and rental periods may vary by kiosk . Also, charges may change from time to time, so please carefully review the pricing and rental information displayed on screen each time you rent from us. Additionally, you can call us at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695) with any questions.
Item: Example Daily Rental Charge: Example Maximum Rental Period (in days): Example Maximum Charge:
- The number of items you may rent at a given time is subject to Redbox’s discretion. For instance, if you are a first time customer, you may not be allowed to rent as many items during your first transaction as a returning customer.
- If you reserve an item online, via a mobile device, or through another Redbox platform, your rental begins to run at that point. We will hold your reserved item at the selected kiosk until 9:00 p.m. local time (at the kiosk) the day after you place your reservation. So, for example, if you reserve an item online on Tuesday before midnight, you are charged the daily rental charge, plus applicable tax, at that point. If you pick up your reserved item on the next day (Wednesday) and return it on Thursday by 9:00 p.m., you would incur two daily rental charges, plus applicable tax one of which you would have already paid at the time of reservation. If you never pick up your reserved item, you will be charged for one daily rental charge, plus applicable tax. This charge is in consideration of our holding the item for you and not releasing it for rental to another customer. Note that placing an item in your “cart” does not mean it is reserved – it is possible that someone else can complete a reservation transaction for the same item at the same kiosk before you complete your reservation. You must complete the reservation transaction (including payment card authorization) before your reservation is secured. If you do not reserve an item, then it may or may not be available for rental at a kiosk at any given time. We make no guarantee that an item will be available for rental at any kiosk at any given time. Your rental reservation is only valid at the kiosk for which you made the reservation and is non-transferable.
- Each time you rent from Redbox, it is considered a single transaction regardless of how long your rental lasts or how many items you rent. You can terminate a rental transaction at any time by returning the rented items, or by keeping the items through the maximum rental period, so long as you pay the accrued daily rental charge(s), plus applicable tax.
WHEN AM I CHARGED FOR RENTALS?
- At the time of rental or reservation, Redbox will seek an authorization from your payment card company equal to one daily rental charge for each item, plus applicable tax. If authorization is received, that charge will be processed on your payment card.
- You further authorize Redbox to process charges on your payment card for any additional daily rental charges, plus applicable tax, incurred based on the length of your rental. Presently, all additional daily rental charges and taxes are processed at the time you return your rental – but if you rent multiple items from Redbox at the same time, any additional rental charges and taxes you owe based on the length of your rental of each item will be processed for all items when the final item is returned to a Redbox kiosk (or, if you do not return all items, at the end of the last maximum rental period for the unreturned item(s)). Redbox reserves the right to process any additional daily rental charges and taxes on a more frequent basis.
- If your payment card is declined, we have the right to collect all past due charges from you and we reserve the right to charge you interest for overdue charges at the then-highest current rate allowed by law.
WHAT ARE PROMOTION CODES?
Promotion codes are promotional offers from Redbox that provide a discount or a free one (1) day rental of a certain item (for its minimum rental period). Only Redbox and others expressly authorized by Redbox may distribute codes. Each of these promotional offers is subject to the terms and conditions disclosed in connection with or on the offer. Unless the terms in the applicable offer state otherwise, the following applies to all codes: (1) Your payment card is necessary to redeem your code and will be charged for all charges (plus applicable tax) not covered by the code used based on the length of your rental; (2) Codes are not transferable, are not for resale or auction, cannot be combined with other offers and cannot be used as part of a promotion or otherwise offered without Redbox’s prior written permission; (3) Limit 1 code per rental transaction; and (4) Code applies to only 1 item per rental transaction. We reserve the right to terminate a promotion code at any time. If you have an outstanding, unpaid balance with Redbox or have a prior history of abuse, you may not be eligible to use a code, as determined in Redbox’s sole discretion.
RENTAL AND RETURN NOTIFICATIONS, RECEIPTS AND E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
To receive rental and return notifications, receipts and marketing communications from Redbox via e-mail, provide your e-mail address at a kiosk when prompted. Submitting your e-mail address is not required to consummate a rental transaction at a kiosk – it is optional and voluntary. By submitting your e-mail address at a kiosk, you consent to receive e-mail communications from us, which may include notices, disclosures, agreements, product specials, discounts and promotions. If you no longer want to receive e-mail communications from us, you may elect to unsubscribe using the link and instructions provided in one of the e-mails sent to you. Note that if you choose to unsubscribe, you may no longer receive e-mail rental and return notifications and receipts unless you re-submit your e-mail address at a kiosk for your next rental, at which point you will again receive all communications unless or until you choose to opt-out.